Sunday, May 13, 2007

THREE STEP FORWARD TWO STEPS BACK

Few months back went i was reading on this book by Charles R Swindoll which recommended by my spiritual mentor when I am facing bad times and feel like giving up hope in God recently… But one thing which has reminded me when I was reading this book was that ‘life is a task. A tough one. Sometimes absolutely unbearable.’ and the truth is that there are no easy, 1-2-3- solutions.. Trouble don’t disappear because we just ignore them. I would like to share to you guys regarding how it inspired me..
It really took me sometimes to wanting to act on it.. I knew all this before I read the book. But somehow, knowing it does not mean doing it and understand it…I believed that you will agree with it too.. And after reading it I felt more secure cause I know that God is with me .. As what have written in the book of
Isaiah 41:10( Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.)
Psalm 27:1 ( The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?
I was also reminded bout God’s great goal for us is not that we be comfortable or satisfied, nor that we live out a ‘wonderful plan’ of constant smiling, being happy, facing no calamity, no evil and no difficulty. But by believing In Jesus Christ, we might step into a world of testing that we never knew before, because we will have become the object of Jesus Himself, and His character traits are to be formed in our life. And frankly we can’t have them formed without the fire and loss.. The path of obedience is often marked by times of suffering and loss
In Job23:1-14 says that
But He know the way I take;
When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold
My foot has held fast to His path;
I have kept His way and not turned aside.
I have not departed from the command of His lips;
I have treasured the word of His mouth more than my necessary food.
But he is unique and who can turn Him?
And what His soul desires, that he does.
For He performs what is appointed for me,
And many such decrees are with Him
God uses an infinite number of vehicles in the process of helping us grow.. I’ve never met anyone who become instantly mature. It’s a painstaking process that God takes us through, and it includes such thing as waiting, failing, losing, and being misunderstood.. Each one calling for extra doses of perseverance… God provides things money cannot touch.. Security replaces insecurity.. We receive purpose and renewed direction we gain an understanding, compassionate heart- along with wisdom we never had before.

No comments: